May 13, 2013. The High Country Soccer Association will be holding tryouts for its U10-U18 Boys & Girls Travel Teams May 20 – 23 (see schedule below for dates and times for each age group). HCSA programs are designed to complement one another to form a player development progression from U4 to U18. Our player development philosophy maintains that our programs are designed to develop individual soccer players technically, tactically, physically and mentally to reach their full potential. Additional information is available at www.hcsoccer.com or by emailing [email protected]
Age Group Born Between Boys Girls
U10 8/1/03 – 7/31/04 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45
U11 8/1/02 – 7/31/03 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45
U12 8/1/01 – 7/31/02 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45
U13 8/1/00 – 7/31/01 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45 May 20 & 21, 7:00-8:15
U14 8/1/99 – 7/31/00 May 20 & 21, 5:30-6:45 May 20 & 21, 7:00-8:15
U15 8/1/98 – 7/31/99 May 22 & 23, 6:00-7:15 May 20 & 21, 7:00-8:15
U16 8/1/97 – 7/31/98 May 22 & 23, 6:00-7:15 Already Held
U17 8/1/96 – 7/31/97 May 22 & 23, 6:00-7:15 Already Held
U18 8/1/95 – 7/31/96 May 22 & 23, 6:00-7:15 Already Held
1. Registration Fee Paid ($20 for family’s first player, $10 for each player thereafter within the same family)
2. Copy of Player’s Birth Certificate (if we do not have one on file from the previous season)
3. NCYSA Medical Waiver (leave team name and jersey number blank)
4. 1×1 Color Headshot Player (driver’s license-sized, must be printed on photo paper)
5. Financial Assistance Application (if you are applying for Financial Assistance for club fees)
1. All above tryout requirements must be completed and fees from the previous season paid in full to be eligible for tryout participation.
2. Players are expected to attend both of their age group tryout sessions.
3. Any player wishing to try out for an older age group must submit a written request to the Director of Coaching prior to tryouts.
4. Upon acceptance of a roster spot, U10-U14 players are expected to make a one-year commitment to the team and the club (fall and spring season). Any player unable to honor a one-year commitment must notify the DOC at the time of tryouts prior to being offered a roster spot; otherwise, acceptance of a roster spot binds the player to the team and the player’s family to the club fees for the seasonal year 2013-2014.
HCSA is a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization and its purpose is to promote the growth and development of youth soccer in the High Country and help players of all levels reach their full potential. HCSA is a travel soccer club but in recent years has developed many local youth programs, including a recreational league, young beginner classes, summer camps and winter training. HCSA draws players from Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Caldwell, Watauga, Wilkes and Yancey counties in North Carolina as well as from the states of Tennessee and Virginia. HCSA is an affiliated member club of the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association.
Travel teams are HCSA’s most competitive level of play. Teams compete at either the Classic or Challenge level. Classic leagues are NCYSA-administered travel leagues while Challenge teams compete in the regional Triad Challenge League.
All training sessions and home matches are held at the Ted Mackorell Soccer Complex. HCSA travel teams are coached by licensed professional coaches who include college coaches from Appalachian State University and Lees McRae College.
HCSA alumni who have advanced to college and professional soccer include:
Jennings Rex (Watauga HS and UNC-Charlotte) – 2013 MLS 4th round draft pick – Seattle
Mark Linville (Watauga HS, Princeton Univ.) – 2013 MLS Supplemental Draft – Philadelphia
Jeff Caldwell – U17 Boys National Team
Kebrina Keys (Ashe County HS class of 2012) – ASU
Kendyl Baird (Watauga County HS class of 2012) – Kings College
Kara Montgomery (Patrick Henry HS (VA) class of 2012) – Kings College
Tyler Keagy (Ashe County HS class of 2012) – Catawba College
Katelyn Mullenix (Watauga County HS class of 2012) – Shorter University
Mary Chestnut Smith (Avery HS class of 2011) – UNC-Wilmington
Hallie Hilliard (Hibriten HS class of 2011) – Lenoir-Rhyne University
Miranda McCrary (Hibriten HS class of 2011) – Montreat University
Nick Welsh (Watauga HS class of 2011) – Lees-McRae College
Kori Wallace (EO Smith HS (CT) class of 2010) – Central Conn. St. U.
Kyle Griewisch (Avery HS class of 2010) – Catawba College
More information is available at www.hcsoccer.com or by emailing [email protected]