Sept. 5, 2013. The Appalachian State Football “Spotless” Tailgate of the Game contest, presented by G&B and Appalachian Energy, is coming to Gamedays at The Rock this fall.
During each Appalachian State home football game this fall, fans are encouraged to combine their tailgate creativity with a commitment to properly maintain their gameday location. Once tailgating begins, volunteers will make their way through designated parking lots to hand out bags for trash and recycling while taking note of the locations that have gone the extra mile to ensure their location is clean and green. The tailgate sites that exhibit the best implementation of these concepts will be nominated for the Spotless Tailgate of the Game by volunteers in their lot. A weekly winner will be selected from the list of nominees.
Each week’s winner will receive and Appalachian State Mountaineers Tailgate Prize Pack and be entered in to the Tailgate of the Year competition, where the winner will receive a brand new grill from G&B and Appalachian Energy. A photo of the week’s winning froup will also be displayed on the App State TV Videoboard during the game as they are recognized for their tailgating cleanliness.
Each week’s winner will be asked to provide the name of their tailgate, their main contact person’s contact information and their exact tailgating location to be eligible for weekly and year-long prizes.
For more information about the Appalachian State Football Tailgate of the Game contest, presented by G&B and Appalachian Energy, contact Appalachian State IMG Sports Marketing Account Executive Matt Riley at [email protected] or (828) 262-8159.
Here’s is info about tailgating at The Rock. For more info read below and click here.
TAILGATE ZONES AND INFORMATION
OFFICIAL TAILGATING POLICIES, INCLUDING INFORMATION REGARDING CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
DUCK POND FIELD
• Exclusive home for tailgating for Appalachian State student clubs and organizations
• ALL student organizations are eligible to register for a tailgate spot by contacting the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership or by filling out the onlineREGISTRATION form.
• Student Tailgate area opens at Noon each gameday. Organizations must follow all posted tailgate regulations when setting up and tearing down tailgate areas.
• Office of Student Programs presents a DJ each week, playing a variety of music to help set the gameday atmosphere.
• Located on Bodenheimer Dr.
• Opens on gamedays at 9 a.m.
• For Yosef Club Members and students with permit (assigned spaces).
FAMILY FUN ZONE
• The Family Fun Zone is an alcohol-free tailgate area located at Mountaineer Village. Mountaineer families are encouraged to visit the family fun zone on the site of the first ever football field on Appalachian’s campus. This area features fun activities for mountaineers “in training” and offers a wide open space for families to enjoy the gameday experience.
RALEY / DUNCAN / MUSIC LOTS
• Located on Rivers Street, opens on gamedays at 9 a.m.
• Parking is restricted to students/Yosef Club members with the proper hang tag.
• Easy access to cross the street through Duncan Hall tunnel.
• Special considerations will be provided for those who have Saturday class in Duncan Hall in order to allow proper access.
• If you have questions about your Yosef donor assignment, please contact the Yosef Club at (828) 262-3108 for more information.
• Located at corner of Stadium Drive and Rivers Street.
• Serves as a great location for corporate/campus organization tailgating and hospitality with several plots that can accommodate large groups of up to 100 people. Space can be reserved by contacting Patrick Meiburg, interim director of marketing and licensing, at (828) 262-6554.
STADIUM AND JUSTICE LOTS
• Parking opens at 9 a.m. on gamedays.
• Open to Yosef Club members with appropriate hang-tag.
• Areas feature numbered spaces assigned by the Yosef Club Office.
• Handicapped parking for Golden Mountaineer-level members available in these areas on first-come, first-served basis.
• First-come, first-served to students and general public.
Due to the overwhelming support of the Yosef Club and the overall teamwork of university administration to support game day parking for Yosef members and students, additional parking lots have been secured for members at different levels. The following lots are listed with the map above:
- Stadium Lot: $2,500 Level and Above
- Justice/CAP Lot: $1,500 Level
- Duncan Lot: $1,500 Level
- Raley Lot: $1,500 Level
- Student Rec Center (SRC): $1,500/$1,000 Levels
- Greenwood: $1,000 Level
- University Drive: Young Alumni Program Members
- Rivers Street Parking Deck: $500/$250 Festival Parking
- Library Parking Deck: $250 Festival Parking
- JET LOT: Yosef Special Guests
- Legends Lot: Young Alumni Program Members
- Rivers St. will open for students Friday night for them to move their cars from numbered preferred lots. Saturday will be first-come first-served
Yosef Members at the $1,000 level and above are guaranteed a numbered reserved space in the designated lot for each annual giving level and assigned based on your rank within the Priority Points System. Members at the Athletics Director ($500) and Black & Gold ($250) membership levels will receive festival parking privileges in either Rivers Street Parking Deck or the Library Parking deck. Your assigned parking lot is determined by the total number of donors at each annual giving level. Priority for the Rivers Street Parking Deck will be given to donors at the $500 level and above while $250 level members will be assigned to the Library Parking Deck.
RV Parking: Due to the Greenwood lot being a Yosef Member lot for our Chancellor’s Level ($1,000) members, there will be no RV Parking in this lot for the general public.
Handicapped Parking: Handicapped Parking for patrons with valid state-issued disability parking tag, is provided at the Holmes Convocation Center for each game. Shuttles are provided from this location to the stadium for our patrons with disabilities and their families and/or caregivers. Early arrival is recommended. For more information on handicapped parking, please visit www.TailgateattheRock.com.
AppalCART: AppalCART provides an extension of many of their normal routes on gameday to accommodate traffic concerns affecting the entire Boone area. Fans arriving are encouraged to locate an AppalCART stop for an easy ride to the game. For route information, visit www.appalcart.com.
Public Parking: Public parking is limited on campus on game days. Fans are encouraged to arrive early. Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Public lots can be located on the exterior of campus, in the town limits and county lots. A quick and efficient way for the general public to access games will be through the AppalCART Transit System. Visit www.appalcart.com for game day schedules. Most on campus parking is reserved for Yosef members and students. For more information on how to join the Yosef Club, please call 828-262-3108.
POSTGAME TRAFFIC PATTERN
Postgame egress for fans and cars coming from the lots around Kidd Brewer Stadium has been designed to expidite exiting from KBS lots.
Postgame traffic on Stadium Drive will be two-lane egress to Rivers Street. There will not be vehicle access up Stadium Drive (from Rivers Street) from the end of the game until up to — but not limited to — 30 minutes after the end of the game to aid in easier traffic flow out of the Stadium lots.
• Vehicles in the left lane coming from the stadium will ONLY be permitted to make a left turn at the corner of Stadium Drive and Rivers Street while vehicles in the right lane will ONLY be permitted to make a right turn. This will be strictly enforced to ensure an efficient exit from all parking lots accessed from Stadium Drive. Please see the map to the right for more details (click on map to enlarge).
• When the game has completed, NC Highway Patrol and Appalachian State Univetsity Parking and Traffic will hold all the traffic from the lots on Stadium Drive to allow the majority of the pedestrian traffic to clear the stadium area safely without moving vehicles out of the lots.
• After 15 minutes, the NC Highway Patrol will clear stadium drive of all pedestrians and then open all lots around the stadium for vehicle egress.
• The reasons for holding the vehicles in lots around the stadium are two-fold: First, holding the vehicles in the lots will allow the pedestrian traffic to clear the lots and areas around the stadium, which reduces the risk of car and pedestrian accidents. Secondly, there is a strong feeling that this will expedite traffic flow out of the Stadium lots once the significantly reduced. This is an approach used successfully at NASCAR events and other venues.
• Like it does for many other projects and initiatives, Appalachian State athletics will conduct a review of traffic, pedestrian and other game day issues after each game and adjust accordingly. Traffic will be stopped up to 15 minutes postgame. Please take this opportunity to grab a sandwich and enjoy your tailgating spot and your fellow Yosef members and listen to the “Skyline/Skybest 5th Quarter” postgame show with David Jackson and crew on 97.3 FM or AM 1450.
You must be logged in to post a comment.