Sept. 27, 2013. In search of its first home win of 2013, Appalachian State University hosts undefeated Charleston Southern on Saturday afternoon at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. Being Family Weekend at App State, tickets are limited. Check below for more information.
Only single reserved seats and general-admission grass seats remain for Saturday’s game. Tickets cost $17 to $32. Click HERE to purchase tickets online while they last.
Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on the Appalachian IMG Sports Network. Live coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. with Pigskin Prelude. Click HERE for a full list of Appalachian IMG Sports Network affiliates or click HERE to listen live online.
Saturday’s game will can be seen live on App State TV. Click HERE to become an App State TV premium subscriber.
NOTING SATURDAY’S MATCHUP
• Appalachian State (1-2, 0-1 SoCon) rebounded from a pair of disappointing losses to open the season to open Southern Conference play in style with a 31-21 victory at Elon last Saturday.
• A pair of freshman phenoms led the way for the Mountaineers at Elon. Running back Marcus Cox (308 all-purpose yards, three touchdowns) was named the SoCon Freshman of the Week and inside linebacker John Law(three takeaways, 15 tackles) was named the SoCon Defensive Player of the Week for their efforts in the triumph over the Phoenix.
• Appalachian is looking to snap a rare losing streak at Kidd Brewer Stadium this afternoon. The Mountaineers have lost consecutive games at The Rock (a 38-37 overtime loss to Illinois State in the second round of last year’s NCAA Division I Football Championship and a 24-21 setback to North Carolina A&T in this season’s home opener) for only the third time in this millennium. The Mountaineers have not lost back-to-back home games in the same season since 1996.
• Despite being from neighboring states, Appalachian State and Charleston Southern are meeting for the first time on the gridiron.
• Appalachian has enjoyed great success against the current membership of the Big South Conference with a 42-15-2 all-time record versus the Big South’s six members.
• The Mountaineers have won 16-straight games versus current Big South members, with their last loss coming at the hands of Liberty on Nov. 22, 1997 (25-19).
• Appalachian State has won seven-straight non-conference games versus opponents from the state of South Carolina, dating back to a 23-12 loss at Clemson in 1997.
• The Mountaineers have also won 10-straight non-conference home games over teams from South Carolina, dating all the way back to a 37-13 loss to Wofford at Conrad Stadium in 1970.
• After going 5-6 last season and not posting a winning campaign since 1999, Charleston Southern is off to a 4-0 start, which includes an impressive 32-29 win at The Citadel to open the season.
• Appalachian State will wear its 2013 alternate uniforms for Saturday’s game.
• This season’s Nike Pro Combat alternate uniforms feature a grey jersey, marking the first time in program history that the Mountaineers will don a jersey color other than black, white or gold.
• Like last year, this season’s alternate uniforms also feature Appalachian’s popular “vintage Yosef” logo on the helmets and jerseys. The vintage Yosef logo originally adorned the Mountaineers’ uniforms in the 1970s.
• Appalachian is 9-0 all-time when wearing alternate uniforms. Nike first provided the Mountaineers with a third uniform to go along with the standard home black and road white in 2008.
For all of the information on Saturday’s matchup, including links to live video, audio and stats, both teams’ rosters, depth charts, game notes and much more, click HERE to visit appstatesports.com’s official Gameday Central page.
You must be logged in to post a comment.