Aug. 12, 2014. Fun for the whole family awaits Mountaineer fans on Saturday, August 16 when Appalachian State University football holds its annual Fan Fest at Kidd Brewer Stadium.
Fan Fest begins at 5 p.m. with an EXCLUSIVE half-hour window for members of the Junior Mountaineer Kids Club and their parents to get autographs and take pictures with their favorite Appalachian State football student-athletes and coaches before the gates open for the general public.
The Junior Mountaineer Kids Club is the official club for App State fans in eighth grade or younger. In addition to the exclusive early admission to Fan Fest, Junior Mountaineer Kids Club members also receive:
• membership pack with a FREE Junior Mountaineer Kids Club t-shirt, official membership credential and special gift
• FREE admission to ONE home football game
• FREE admission to ALL other Appalachian State home athletic events, including men’s and women’s basketball and baseball
• exclusive Appalachian Athletics Center and football locker room tour
• opportunity to be a Kickoff Kid or Ball Kid at a football or basketball game (must be at least nine years of age to be eligible)
• Junior Mountaineers Kids Club birthday card (sent by mail for your birthday)
• monthly JMKC newsletter sent via e-mail with upcoming event calendar and interviews with student athletes and coaches
• invitations to special JMKC events (held monthly during the school year)
• free gifts when attending select events
• opportunity to meet Appalachian State student athletes & coaches
Annual membership for the Junior Mountaineer Kids Club costs just $25 per child. To be eligible for the early admission to Fan Fest, children must sign up for membership online atappstatesports.com/jmkc by Wednesday, Aug. 13 or join in person outside of Kidd Brewer Stadium beginning at 4:30 p.m. on the day of Fan Fest.
Beginning at 5:30 p.m., Fan Fest opens to the general public. In addition to autographs and photos with the football Mountaineers, face painting, a balloon artist, inflatable rides and the opportunity to meet other Appalachian State student-athletes and coaches.
Due to a change in their preseason practice routine as the Mountaineers prepare for their inaugural season in the Sun Belt Conference and NCAA Division I FBS, including the much-anticipated opener at Michigan, this year’s Fan Fest will not include an intrasquad scrimmage.
Admission and parking for Fan Fest is FREE and no tickets are required for the event. For more information on Fan Fest and/or the Junior Mountaineer Kids Club, contact Appalachian State Sports Marketing at (828) 262-8649.
2014 APPALACHIAN STATE FOOTBALL FAN FEST
Saturday, August 16 • Kidd Brewer Stadium
4:30 p.m. — On-site registration for Junior Mountaineer Kids Club
5-5:30 p.m. — Exclusive autograph and photo session with Appalachian State football student-athletes and coaches for JMKC members only
5:30-6:30 p.m. — Gates open for the general public