Pride Week: Saturday, May 19, is Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day and Pharmaceutical Take-Back May 18, 2012. The Watauga County Board of Commissioners have designated May 14 to 19 as “Community Pride Week” with the goal of improving the appearance of Watauga County. During this week, Watauga County residents have an opportunity to dispose of many types of waste for no charge, including old furniture, yard debris, appliances, electronics and household hazardous waste. This does not apply to commercial haulers or businesses.
- Watauga, Avery Obituaries – March 22, 2017
- Larsons Celebrate Final St. Patrick’s Day at Murphy’s as Owners of Restaurant and Pub
- Williford Sentenced To 30+ Years for Setting Fatal Fire at Valle Landing in Valle Crucis
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Mar. 6 – 22
- New Starbucks Store in Boone To Open in August