Pride Week: Saturday, May 19, is Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day and Pharmaceutical Take-Back May 18, 2012. The Watauga County Board of Commissioners have designated May 14 to 19 as “Community Pride Week” with the goal of improving the appearance of Watauga County. During this week, Watauga County residents have an opportunity to dispose of many types of waste for no charge, including old furniture, yard debris, appliances, electronics and household hazardous waste. This does not apply to commercial haulers or businesses.
- Boone Police Conclude Armed Robbery Investigation & File Drug Charges
- Winston-Salem Councilwoman Adams To Challenge U.S. Rep. Virginia Foxx in 2018
- Gov. Cooper Nominates New Members for DOT Board, Including Watauga’s Cullie Tarleton
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Feb.5-13
- High Gravity Opens Early this Weekend for the 2017 Season