<p><span style=”font-size: medium; font-family: ‘arial black’, ‘avant garde’;”>Pride Week: Saturday, May 19, is Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day and Pharmaceutical Take-Back</span> May 18, 2012. The Watauga County Board of Commissioners have designated May 14 to 19 as “Community Pride Week” with the goal of improving the appearance of Watauga County. During this week, Watauga County residents have an opportunity to dispose of many types of waste for no charge, including old furniture, yard debris, appliances, electronics and household hazardous waste. This does not apply to commercial haulers or businesses.
- Widespread Flu Runs Rampant in the High Country, Healthcare Facilities Discourage Visitors
- Local Company, Stick Boy Bread Co., Featured in Our State Magazine
- County Employee Assaulted at Baseball Fields, Crime Stoppers Looking for Suspect
- Horton Hotel Developers Held Ceremonial Groundbreaking on Thursday in Downtown Boone
- Crime Stoppers: ECRS Tagged in Downtown Boone