The Watauga NAACP will join with other NAACP branches, Forward Together Moral Movement supporters, and coalition partners in Congresswoman Virginia Foxx’s district to visit her Boone office on Feb. 27 to present a letter of demands and to request a public Town Hall by the end of March.
The visit will begin 4:00 p.m. and will be one of 15 simultaneous news conferences and letter deliveries held at every US Senator and Congressperson’s office in North Carolina.
They will deliver a letter that includes six key demands:
- Vote against the repeal of the life-saving Affordable Care Act that millions of North Carolinians depend on.
- Oppose any executive orders or legislation that will deport our immigrant brothers and sisters.
- Restore the full protections of the Voting Rights Act now.
- Oppose any executive orders or legislation that will ban or attack refugees or Muslims.
- Publicly renounce the lies about voter fraud and oppose the widespread voter suppression spreading across the country.
- Support our call for living wages and union rights.
“This visit is part of our ongoing efforts to hold our elected officials accountable at every level,” said Todd Carter, President of the Watauga NAACP. “We encourage everyone who joined us in Raleigh for the Moral March on Raleigh, to join us in Boone as we continue to build this movement together.”
WHO: Watauga Branch of the NAACP
WHAT: News Conference and Letter Delivery at Virginia Foxx’s office
WHEN: Monday, February 27 at 4:00 pm
WHERE: 400 Shadowline Dr. Suite 205 Boone, NC 28607