By Jesse Wood
Aug. 26, 2013. The Watauga County GOP is having its annual Summer Cookout on Thursday, Sept. 5, at the Boone Golf Club. The event runs from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Tickets cost $25 per person at the door. The get together features live music by The Original Bluegrass Band and a cash bar. Hamburgers, hot dogs with lots of sides and fixings provided by Pepper’s Fairway Cafe at the Boone Golf Club.
- Special guests include:
- U.S. Rep. Virginia Foxx
- State Sen. Dan Soucek
- State Rep. Jonathan Jordan
- Watauga County Commissioners Nathan Miller, David Blust and Perry Yates
- Register of Deeds Joanne Townsend
- Watauga County Board of Education Members Ron Henries, Delora Hodges and Lee Warren
- Republican candidates for upcoming elections
Watauga County Republican Party Vice Chair Victoria Smith said all Republican officials will address the crowd.
If paying in advance, the Watauga County Republican Party requests that you mail checks by Aug. 29 to Watauga County GOP, P.O. Box 1603, Boone, NC 28607.
For more information about the event, call Smith at 828-963-4253.
You must be logged in to post a comment.