By Jesse Wood
Feb. 13, 2013. At noon on Wednesday, President Obama will give a speech at the Linamar Corporation in Asheville. He arrives shortly after 11 a.m. and will depart at 1:25 p.m, according to a White House itinerary.
The Canadian-based auto parts manufacturer was recruited to Asheville in 2011, according to the Asheville Citizen-Times, and employs about 150 people with a long-term goal of 650 employees.
His remarks at the plant, which follow Tuesday’s State of the Union address, will include proposals “that focus on strengthening the economy for the middle class and those striving to get there,” according to the White House.
This is Obama’s itinerary for Wednesday:
- 9:35AM The President departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews. South Lawn
- 9:50AM The President departs Joint Base Andrews
- 11:10AM The President arrives Asheville, North. Asheville Regional Airport
- 11:35AM The President tours Linamar North Carolina Factory. Linamar Factory, Asheville, North Carolina
- 12:00PM The President delivers remarks. Linamar Factory, Asheville, North Carolina
- 1:25PM The President departs Asheville, North Carolina. Asheville Regional Airport
- 2:40PM The President arrives Joint Base Andrews
- 2:55PM The President arrives the White House. South Lawn
- 2:55PM THE PRESIDENT arrives the White House. South Lawn