PO Box 1894
401 Tarry Acres Cr.
Blowing Rock, NC 28605
About Laurin Carter:
- Born in Hickory on April 2, 1961 in the “Little River” area of Alexander County in the foot hills of The Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Attended Converse College and The School of Richmond Ballet in Richmond, Va. and danced professionally with the Ballet Company.
- Raised with a strong work ethic; at 8 years of age she had her own lawn mowing service and by age 10 worked after school and weekends in the apple orchards near her family’s home.
- Entered the Sheraton Hotel Management Training Program where she learned restaurant management.
- Managed retail furniture store in Hickory; and in 1990 started her own furniture outlet store in Hickory, opening outlets in Asheville, Hudson, Charlotte and Statesville.
- Developed a successful wholesale and salvage business in hotel furniture and furnishings.
- In 1999 she purchased four historic buildings and a parking lot in downtown Statesville comprising a quarter of city block. This started her move out of furniture and into real estate management and investment.
- Laurin is married to Bill Carter and together they have three children.
“I listen and learn. That’s why I have two ears and only one mouth. I want to listen to all the citizens of Blowing Rock and be their voice on the town council.” – Laurin Carter
Vision and Issues:
- Dedicated to maintaining Blowing Rock as the most beautiful and picturesque village in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
- Transparency in government is key to the citizenry’s trust and respect. Make sure everyone in Blowing Rock is fully informed on all aspects of the governing town council.
- Committed to making sure that all tax dollars are wisely spent and the town gets the best value for every dollar of the taxpayer’s money.
Committed to the Blowing Rock Community:
- Blowing Rock Hospital Committee
- Blowing Rock Fashion Show
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation
- Community Service with Groovy Nights 1 thru 5
- Blowing Rock Village Relations Committee
- William Mast Memorial Fundraiser
- Blowing Rock Christmas Parade participant with her dog “Buddy the Great Pyrenees”
- She is a Lady Shriner and has worked on many projects for the 22 Shriners Children Hospitals Masonic Lodge #363 in Boone fund raisers for Masonic Charities and Oxford Orphanage