by Madison V. Fisler
Aug. 20, 2013. The 2013-14 Appalachian State University Performing Arts Series begins with the Banff Mountain Film Festival, which will run from Sept. 20-21. This two-day event is a stop on the yearly tour of the Banff Mountain Film Festival, which tours the world in an international display of controversial, thought provoking and inspiring films. The films were selected from over 400 films submitted from over 40 countries across the world.
Tickets are still available for this highly anticipated event, which was moved to September from its usual time in March due to the construction at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts. But get your tickets quick. This is one show that sells out year after year.
Tickets for the film festival can be purchased at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts Box Office at ASU, online here, or at Footsloggers in downtown Boone.
The rest of the lineup for the Performing Arts Series is as follows:
- Cirque Zuma Zuma – Thursday, Sept. 26
- Frank Warren: Post Secret – Tuesday, Oct. 8
- Tedeschi Trucks Band – Friday, Nov. 1
- Savion Glover’s STePz – Friday, Nov. 15
- River North Dance Chicago – Friday, Jan. 31
- Orpheus Chamber Orchestra – Tuesday, Feb. 25
- STOMP! – Tuesday, March 4
- Montana Repertory Theatre: The Miracle Worker – Thursday, April 3
- Kiss Me, Kate presented by Appalachian’s Department of Theatre and Dance and the Hayes School of Music – Friday-Sunday April 11-13
Each of the shows in the Performing Arts Series will be held at the newly constructed Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts on Appalachian State University’s campus.
For more information on the Performing Arts Series, click here.
For tickets to any of the shows, click here.