by Madison V. Fisler
June 21,2013. For two days, the High Country Fairgrounds will be taken over by the first annual Siren Mountain Jam, a two-day frestival showcasing women’s music and art in the High Country of North Carolina. On June 21 – 22, the festival will showcase a dozen musical acts, over 30 artist vendors, a healing arts village, workshops, food vendors with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options and on-site camping.
The festival itself is not just for women. All of the public is invited to attend this brand new event.
The Siren Mountain Jam Daily Schedule is as follows:
Friday, June 21
- 11:00-11:45 a.m.: The Mountain Laurels
- 12:30-1:15 p.m.: Sole Schaefer
- 1:45-2:15 p.m.: Eliza Eason
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Lisa Baldwin and Dave Haney
- 4:00-5:15 p.m.: Melissa Reaves
- 5:45-6:45 p.m.: Toshi Reagon
- 7:15-8:45 p.m.: Rising Appalachia
- 9:30-11:00 p.m.: Meshell Ndgeocello
Saturday, June 22
- 11:00 a.m.-noon: Samantha O’Brien
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Amythyst Kiah
- 2:00-3:00 p.m.: Crys Matthews
- 3:30-4:45 p.m.: Swayback Sisters
- 5:15-6:45 p.m.: Melissa Reaves
- 7:15-8:45 p.m.: Michelle Malone
- 9:30-11:00 p.m.: Joan Osborne
Also included alongside all of the female music acts are spectacular vendors and artists showcasing their skills and wares. Vendors will be on hand displaying and selling items like artisan soaps, tie dye, jewelry, art and much more.
The healing arts village will include yoga, enneagram, hoop movement, tarot card reading, bellydancing, matrix energetics, Tai Chi and many others.
Regular 2-day pass tickets are $85 in advance and $100 at the gate. Friday only passes are $40 in advance and $50 the day of, and Saturday only passes are $50 in advance and $60 at the gate. Advanced tickets are available online. To purchase tickets, click here.
On-site camping is also available for $25 per person for a weekend camping pass, and $150 for the weekend for RVs.