June 12, 2012. The weather station at the top of Grandfather Mountain recorded above average rainfall during May. The rainfall total of 10.48 inches was 4.84 inches, or 85 percent, above the 56-year average rainfall total for May of 5.64 inches. Rain for the year-to-date is 28.3 inches, which is 2.54 inches (or 10 percent) above the norm for this time of year. Rain fell 16 days during the month.
- Winners of 14th Appalachian Mountain Photography Competition Announced During Banff Weekend
- Missing Person from Beech Mountain Found
- App State Holds Football Pro Day Before 20 NFL and 2 CFL Teams Monday
- Watauga School Board, Commissioners Adopt Joint Resolution for School Calendar Flexibility
- HC WATCH Urges Watauga Commissioners To Appeal Maymead Asphalt Plant Case