June 12, 2012. The weather station at the top of Grandfather Mountain recorded above average rainfall during May. The rainfall total of 10.48 inches was 4.84 inches, or 85 percent, above the 56-year average rainfall total for May of 5.64 inches. Rain for the year-to-date is 28.3 inches, which is 2.54 inches (or 10 percent) above the norm for this time of year. Rain fell 16 days during the month.
- Boone Police Conclude Armed Robbery Investigation & File Drug Charges
- TApp Room Opens The Annex in Former Klondike Building, Ushers in New Era of Music and Entertainment
- Winston-Salem Councilwoman Adams To Challenge U.S. Rep. Virginia Foxx in 2018
- Gov. Cooper Nominates New Members for DOT Board, Including Watauga’s Cullie Tarleton
- Great Skiing Conditions and Comfortable Temps at Resorts During President’s Day Weekend