June 12, 2012. The weather station at the top of Grandfather Mountain recorded above average rainfall during May. The rainfall total of 10.48 inches was 4.84 inches, or 85 percent, above the 56-year average rainfall total for May of 5.64 inches. Rain for the year-to-date is 28.3 inches, which is 2.54 inches (or 10 percent) above the norm for this time of year. Rain fell 16 days during the month.
- WHAT’S GOING ON? Hungry Howie’s Going in Old Frogurt Building on Blowing Rock Road
- Watauga County Deeds – March 16-22: 42 Deed Transfers With a Total Value of $10,901,000.00
- Report: Dunkin’ Donuts To Move in at Old Frogurt Location on Blowing Rock Road?
- Crime Stoppers, Beech Mountain PD Searching for Male Considered Missing & Endangered
- White Creek Fire in the Linville Gorge 80 Percent Contained, Now Estimated 4,355 Acres