July 10, 2012. In preparation for the High Country Festival of the Book, Friends of the Watauga County Public Library will be hosting a Movable Author Feast Saturday, August 4 from 6-9 p.m. at the Meadowbrook Inn on Highway 321 in Blowing Rock.
Dinner guests will be spend time with each of the 10 authors present, who will be rotating from dinner table to dinner table entertaining, sharing casual conversation and providing opportunities to purchase their work.
Authors present will be:
- New York Times best-selling mystery author, Rita Mae Brown
- Award-winning Oprah Pick, Robert Morgan
- Critically acclaimed and witty memoirist, Wade Rouse
- RT Top Pick for her mysteries, Gayle Trent
- Casey Clabough, general editor of the James Dickey Review & winner of the Emma Belle Miles Prize
- Best Short Fiction of 2007 & Hemingway Foundation /PEN Award finalist, Stephanie Powell Watts
- Bob Watts, internationally acclaimed poet & Stanza’s Prize
- James W. Hall, whose detective novels have won both the Shamus and the Edgar Award
- Hot off receiving an award from the International Association of Culinary Professionals, Sheri Castle
- Tamra Wilson winner of the Jesse Stuart Prize for Young Adult Fiction and author of Dining with Robert Redford will do the introductions
The Movable Feast will include an auction of Stephanie Welden’s painting, “Fairy Tale,” a book basket raffle, prizes and obviously, tons of books. Don’t be shy about asking an author to sign his or her work either.
Meals to be served will be nothing short of delicacies. Participants will have entree choices of either mountain trout with lemon butter sauce, spinach and mozzarella crepes or roast pork with port wine and apples. All entrees will be served with baby mixed green salad with feta cheese, roma tomatoes and red wine vinaigrette, a fresh vegetable melange, roasted and herbed red bliss potatoes, traditional High Country peach cobbler and yeast rolls. Iced tea, coffee and water will be available for drink and a cash bar will be on hand.
Tickets are available on-line through PayPal at www.highcountryfestivalofthebook or by check/cash at the Library Circulation Desk and must be purchased by July 20. The Friends of the Watauga County Public Library are a 5013c non-profit and approximately $70 of the $100 ticket price is tax-deductible.