Rural Health Program: Have You Served in the Military? Have You Applied for Your VA Benefits? Now is the Time

Published Monday, July 30, 2012 at 5:54 pm

July 30, 2012. The Rural Health Program staff from the W.G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center in Salisbury will provide VA services at the Watauga County Public Library, 140 Queen Street, Boone, on Tuesdays, July 17 and July 24, from 9 a.m. until noon. They will also be here on July 31, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.

The team will provide former and current military members assistance on registration and enrollment for VA health care. Former men and women of the military who are not currently enrolled for VA health care benefits will need to bring a copy of their DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, to attach to their application for VA health care benefits. Please bring a copy, not the original DD Form 214. VA personnel will also assist in completing the enrollment applications, requesting DD Form 214s, and initiating MyHealtheVet online services. If you have lost your DD Form 214, you can request a copy from

For more information, contact the Rural Health program office, at 1-800-469-8262, ext. 4958/4960, or visit


280 x 540
280 x 540
Privacy Policy | Rights & Permissions | Discussion Guidelines

Website Management by Outer Banks Media