April 6, 2012. BOONE — Now that winter has given way to spring, the High Country welcomes back Boone’s First Friday Art Crawl. This month’s installment features works from Jeff Martin, Eric McClung and several others.
Where to go:
ASU Turchin Center for the Visual Arts
423 W. King St.
7 to 9 p.m.
• North Carolina Arts Council Artist Fellowship Award Exhibition
• “Reflections on Costa Rica: Students & Faculty Creatively Respond to An International Travel Experience”
• “STUFF: Where does it come from and where does it go?” by Bryant Holsenbeck. Art made of all recyclable material.
549 W. King St.
6 p.m. until …
• Jeff Martin. Exhibit includes antique window painting. Weather-pending, Martin may also be demonstrating painting techniques outside Gladiola Girls.
Jones House Community Center
604 W. King St.
6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Juried Exhibition. The Juried Exhibition has been taking place in the Mazie Jones Gallery and Warren Dennis, who juried the show, will announce the winners at 6:30 p.m.
• Works from Art Mart Academy students. In the Open Door Gallery.
• Paintings provided by the Project on Aging. In the Serendipity Gallery.
611 W. King St.
5:30 p.m. until …
• Kick Ass Woodworks, from Charlotte.
The Nth˚ Gallery & Studios
683 W. King St.
7:30 to 10 p.m.
• Works by Joe Bigley. “Grab Bag” featuring various works.
221 W. Howard St.
6 to 9 p.m.
• Eric McClung. Art of comic books.
Feature photo by Bryant Holsenbeck.