by Madison V. Fisler
May 3, 2013. Following days of rain over the past week, it looks like the weather may decide to cooperate just in time for tonight’s First Friday Art Crawl. The clouds and mist have let up just in time in downtown Boone. Temperatures for tonight are expected to stay between in the mid to high 40s and may stay up in the low-50s for the earlier part of the evening.
As with every first Friday, downtown Boone will be taken over by the monthly First Friday Art Crawl starting about closing time or a little after this evening. Like always, this month’s crawl will feature food, drinks, live music, exhibitions from local artists and more. As always, everyone in town is invited to come out and enjoy some Friday night fun.
There are several businesses along West King and Howard streets and the fun lasts until late in the evening (or even early morning) at many places.
Participating businesses include (in alphabetical order):
- 641 RPM – 691 W. King St
- Anna Banana’s – 641 W. King St.
- Antiques on Howard – 199 Howard St. #1
- Art of Oil – 819 W. King St.
- Artwalk – 611 W. King St.
- Beadbox & Grateful Grounds – 585 W. King St.
- Boone Saloon – 489 W. King St.
- Capones’s Pizza & Bar – 454 W. King St.
- Cha Da Thai – 173 Howard St.
- Char Modern American Restaurant – 179 Howard St.
- Doe Ridge Pottery – 585 D W. King St.
- Footsloggers – 139 S. Depot St.
- Gladiola Girls – 549 W. King St.
- Glug Beer & Wine – 444 W. King St.
- Hands Gallery – 543 W. King St.
- Jones House – 604 W. King St.
- Lucky Penny/Shear Shakti – 693 W. King St.
- Macado’s – 539 W. King St.
- Mast General Store – 630 W. King St.
- Modern Rustic – 182 Howard St.
- Nth Degree Gallery – 683 W. King St.
- Open Door – 703 W. King St.
- Proper Restaurant – 142 S. Water St. (Open until 9 p.m.)
- Shear Shakti – 693 W. King St.
- Turchin Center for the Visual Arts – 423 W. King St.
- Vidalia’s Restaurant & Wine Bar – 831 W. King St. (Open until 9 p.m.)
- Watauga Arts Council – 783 W. King St.
- Yosefa AntiquiTEA — 161-C Howard St.