You Belong @ the Watauga County Public Library: A Celebration of National Library Week, April 8-14th
The Creekside Grass Bluegrass Band will play at the Watauga County Library on April 9th at 6:30 p.m. Formed in 2003, this local band combines skilled musicianship and high-energy live performances to create memorable experiences for the audience. Their mix of bluegrass and folk music will kick off the public library’s celebration of National Library Week.
The theme set by the American Library Association for this year’s celebration is “You Belong @ Your Library”, and the public will find a wide variety of offerings throughout the week, including storytelling, an open microphone poetry reading, and the showing of a documentary film. “The week is a good representation of all the different events we have,” says Monica Caruso, County Librarian. All programming is supported by the Friends of the Library.
Library Events for National Library Week
• Monday, April 9 at 6:30 pm; Performance by Creekside Grass Bluegrass Band
• Tuesday, April 10 at 11 am; Balloon Twisting with the Balloon Lady. The theme is “Catch the Reading Bug”
Also National Library Workers Day
• Wednesday, April 11 at 10:30 am; Sharon Clark, the Story Lady, performs at the Western Watauga Branch
• Wednesday, April 11 at 4 pm; learn to use our new online catalog and how to access your account online. RSVP with the Reference Department.
Also Knitting with Sarah at 12 noon
• Thursday, April 12 at 7 pm; Showing of Foodstamped, a documentary film following a couple as they attempt to eat a healthy diet on a food stamp budget (supported by an American Library Association grant)
• Saturday, April 14 at 3pm; Open microphone poetry reading with “Behind the Stacks” poetry group
The main library is located at 140 Queen Street in downtown Boone. The Western Watauga Branch is located at 1085 Old US 421 in Sugar Grove.