By Jesse Wood
July 25, 2014. Portions of Howard, Depot and Rivers streets will be closed on Sunday, July 27, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for some “human-powered fun” of the fourth annual Cyclo.Via.
While those areas are closed to vehicular traffic, feel free to bring you bikes, skateboard, yoga mats, walking sticks, jogging shoes, dancing feet and more. Also, this is family-friendly event – so bring along the kid tricycles – or adult ones for that matter – and participate in some human-powered fun.
See list of activities and vendors below from the event’s website:
ENTERTAINMENT & ACTIVITIES
- ADULT TRIKE RACES – You know you gotta do this! Check out this video of Adult Trike Race action! Put together a Team of 4 or go Slalom and compete against the clock! Go to the “Participate” tab and sign up today!
- FOX KINSMAN – Flatland BMXer and Bagpiper Extraordinaire, resident Cyclo.Via graphic artist!
- BOONE BELLY DANCE COLLECTIVE – Mesmerizing – How do they do what they do!!!
- GWEN DHING – Boone’s very own ZUMBA Queen, will demonstrate ZUMBA!
- EYA! AFROLACHIAN DRUM AND DANCE – sure to bring out the rhythm within you!
- HIGH COUNTRY RECREATION – nonstop action!
- RECESS SKATE & SNOW – Check out Boone’s skateboard and snowboard shop pairing up with local boys showing off their boarding skills – rails and boxes and more!
- BOONE BIKE & TOURING – Shaw and Sarah are bringing demo/rental road and mountain bikes for you to test ride for free!
- APPALACHIAN REGIONAL ORTHOPAEDIC & SPORTS MEDICINE CENTER – Come by for and see if your bike fit passes inspection!
- MAGIC CYCLES – Bike Log Pull! Let’s see who’s the strongest of them all!
- WATAUGA SAFE KIDS – KID BIKE RALLY – Boone Area Cyclists are partnering with Safe Kids NC and App District Health Department to teach bike skills, safety and etiquette to kids of all ages!
- APPALACHIAN ROLLER GIRLS!!!!! – Don’t let those sweet smiles fool you! These girls are talented athletes! Come see what they are all about!
- WESTERN YOUTH NETWORK – Decorate your bike! Just do it!
- WATAUGA HUMANE SOCIETY – PET A POOCH – Aaahh they are so cute and fluffy! Find man’s best friends on Rivers Street near Stadium Drive.
- THE MYO CLINIC – Get a relaxing chair massage!
- HOOLIGAN’S PARADE – You can’t stand still and listen to this band…check them out on Howard Street!
- AREA MASCOTS will be hanging out all day…you won’t want to miss them!
ENTERTAINMENT / ACTIVITIES
- FreeStyle Connection BMX Trick Show
- Boone Belly Dancing Collective
- Eya! Afrolachian Drum and Dance
- Fox Kinsman Flatland BMXer
- Hooligans Parade (formally known as “Those Guys “) – live jam all day
- Recess Skate & Snow
- ZUMBA – with Gwen Dhing
- Daren the Lion from Watauga County Sheriff’s Office Dare Program
- Scoop & Cookie from sweetFrog
- Menchie from Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
- MooCow from Chick-fil-A of Boone
- Roof from Watauga Humane Society
- Sugar and Sweetie from Sugar Ski Mountain
- Roo from Kangaroo Express
- Mille from Grandfather Mountain
NON-PROFIT & SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS
- Boone Area Cyclists extends a warm and grateful welcome to:
- Appalachian State AGE Labs
- Appalachian District Health Department
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- Appalachian Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Center
- Appalachian Rollergirls
- Appalachian Voices
- Boone Community Network
- Elkland Art Center
- High Country Recreation
- Safe Kids NC!
- Watauga Humane Society
- Watauga Leisure Biking Club
- Western Youth Network
FOOD, WARES, AND SERVICES
- Boone Bike & Touring
- Boone sweetFrog
- Earth Fare
- Geary Printworks
- High Country Candles
- Menchies Frozen Yogurt
- Magic Cycles
- Phan’s Japanese Express
- Satori Earth Ware
- Stick Boy Bread Company
- The Myo Clinic
- The Wisdom Tree
- Vitality Fresh Fast Food Truck