Compiled by Greg Hince
July 6, 2012. On Friday, July 6, several area businesses will host the monthly First Friday Art Crawl in downtown Boone. This month’s installment will feature free food, drinks, art and music as usual, and will include some one of a kind performances.
Where to go:
ASU Turchin Center for the Visual Arts
423 W. King St.
5 to 9 p.m.
• Opening of signature summer exhibit, 21 Sztuka: Contemporary Art from Poland
• Food, live music and a cash bar
• Six galleries filled with a diverse mix of contemporary art from local, regional and international artists
432 W. King St.
6 to 8 p.m.
• Free beer and wine tasting
• Free pizza from Capone’s Pizza and Bar
549 W. King St.
• Work on display from Dee Pelliccio and Andy Wilson, snacks included
553 W. King St.
6 to 9 p.m.
• First Friday Spirit Fair
• Offering of Intuitive Arts and Card Readings
• Energy workTicket Prices range from $5 -$15
Doc Ridge Pottery
585 W. King St. #D
5:30 p.m. until …
• Featured artist Kate Colclacer will put on a pottery exhibit and will demonstrate how she builds tree bases.
•Wine and hors devours will be served.
Jones House Community Center
604 W. King St.
5 to 9 p.m.
• Performances by Keith Ward (5:00 p.m.) The Worthless Son-In-Laws (5:30 p.m.) & Possum Jenkins (7:30 p.m.)
• Downstairs and upstairs art and photography galleries a reception from 6:30-8pm.
641 W. King St.
7 p.m. until…
• Discounts for the best dance moves
• Food from Char / Wine from Glug
The Nth˚ Gallery & Studios
683 W. King St.
7:30 to 10 p.m.
•15th annual fundraiser for the gallery and young artists in the High Country, with an exhibition of Nth member work.
747 W. King St.
• Hybrid performance from two Boone bands, BPL and The Native Sway.
Watauga Arts Council
798 W. King St.
6:30 to 9 p.m.
• NC Wildlife Artist Society Opening Reception 6-9 p.m
• “Mimicking the Masters in the Serendipity Gallery” Artists recreate famous masters’ work to learn their style and technique. 6-9 p.m.
179 Howard St.
5:30 p.m. until…
• Half Price appetizers and $5 glasses of wine
• Country-themed summer Friday night starting at 10:30 p.m.
The Art of Oil
222 Howard St.
5:30 to 9 p.m.
• Special Wine Tasting that will include oil and vinegar pairings 5:30 – 8:30p.m.
267 Howard St.
• $2 off all glasses of wine and $1 off beer