May 22, 2012. With double the points at stake, racers have to step up their game and Saturday at Wilkesboro Raceway Park was no exception. Numerous drivers turned in perfect to near perfect runs the majority of the night.
In Top ET, Scotty Johnson and his bad little Opel GT took everyone to task and claimed his first win of the 2012 racing season.
Johnson met up with neighbor and fellow Tennessee racer Joey Street in the final round
In Modified ET Paul Trivette got his first taste of victory last week and once wasn’t enough! Trivette and his Nova made it two in a row besting Dennis Bolick and his Mustang
Â WRP fan favorites The Classic Gear Jammers were also on hand with their high-flying, fast-paced racing action. At the end of the night Gary Laviner and his Classic Chevy stood in the WRP Winners Circle.
Racing action continues this week with two nights of action. Thursday night gates open at 6 p.m. for the popular Test N Tune night. Only $10 get you in to watch or if you feel the urge, take your car down the strip. Graduates are encouraged to check out the Wilkesboro Raceway website for a special deal.
Gates open at 4 p.m. Saturday at Wilkesboro Raceway, where the star and cars of the WRP Points Series will be strutting their stuff.
For more info, please visit www,wilkesbororacewaypark.com or call (336) 973-RACE.
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Feb. 12-20
- Watauga County Deeds – Feb. 9-16: 26 Deed Transfers With a Total Value of $5,112,000.00
- Foxx Isn’t Holding Public Events During ‘District Work Week,’ Congressional Recess From DC
- Traffic Stop in Avery County Leads To Arrest: Cocaine, Ecstasy Pills, Marijuana & Cash Found
- NC Wildlife Resources Commission Votes on Rule Changes, See What Affects Watauga