By Bailey Faulkner
Basketball and trick shot fans of the High Country: don’t miss your chance to see masters of basketball trickery the Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday, March 28 at ASU’s Holmes Convocation Center. The team will take the court from 7- 9 p.m. with time for autographs after the game’s final buzzer.
This year’s match won’t be the first for the Globetrotters in the High Country. The team most recently thrilled fans at the Convocation Center in March 2015.
The Globetrotters are rolling with momentum from their recent historic day of recording breaking on Guinness World Records Day last November 17.
The Globetrotters broke nine world records that day, including longest hook-shot and longest blindfolded shot.
Here’s a breakdown of the records the team broke that day.
- Longest basketball hook shot – Big Easy Lofton (72 feet, 6.25 inches)
- Longest basketball shot blindfolded – Ant Atkinson (73 feet, 10 inches)
- Most basketball 3-pointers in one minute (single ball) – Ant Atkinson and Cheese Chisholm (10 each)
- Farthest basketball shot made while sitting on the court – Thunder Law (58 feet, 9.25 inches)
- Most bounced basketball 3-pointers in one minute – Zeus McClurkin (5)
- Most basketball 3-pointers made by a pair in one minute – Ant Atkinson and Cheese Chisholm (22 each)
- Farthest basketball shot under-one-leg – Thunder Law (52 feet, 5.5 inches)
- Longest blindfolded basketball hook shot – Big Easy Lofton (58 feet, 2.5 inches)
- Most basketball slam dunks in one minute (individual) – Zeus McClurkin (16)
Several ticket packages will be available for the March 28 show. Courtside tickets are $54.50 with low side seating tickets at $30.50. High sides seats will cost $25.50 and upper seats will be $20.50. You can also purchase a “magic pass” for $18 that will allow you to attend a 30-minute preshow event with the players starting at 5:30 p.m.
You can purchase tickets at a discounted rate by emailing Zach Deutsch at [email protected] or calling toll-free at 800-641-4667 ext. 1881. Discounted tickets are as follows:
Courtside: No discount
Low sides: $23.50
High sides: $18.50
Upper level: $16.50
Magic Pass: $15
The Globetrotter’s show on March 28 is a must for sports fans in the High Country. Don’t miss your chance to be as happy as this kid seen below!