By Jesse Wood
Local Republican candidates will be “rollin’ through” several communities in Watauga County next Saturday, Oct. 22 to meet with constituents along the Watauga GOP Caravan tour.
Candidates for Watauga County Board of Commissioners (Elizabeth Shukis, Perry Yates and David Blust), N.C. House and Senate (Rep. Jonathan Jordan and Sen. Deanna Ballard) and 24th District Court Judge (Becca Eggers-Gryder) are taking part in the mobile event.
Watauga County GOP Chair Anne-Marie Yates said that the local Republican Party has held this caravan tour during the last two consecutive election cycles. She noted, however, that this idea was “picked up” from a time when it was held years ago.
“We’ve had a ball [the last two times], and we got to talk to a lot of folks,” Yates said. “So we are hoping even more come out and meet our candidates this time.”
The tour is hitting many of the less-frequented sections (at least as far as campaigning goes) of Watauga County: Deep Gap, Meat Camp, Todd, Cove Creek, Bethel, Foscoe and Blowing Rock.
See the schedule and flyer below. For more information, call 828-263-4350.
- 8 to 9:30 a.m. – Breakfast at Blue Ridge Diner, Deep Gap
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. – Todd General Store, Todd
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. – Meat Camp Volunteer Fire Department, Meat Camp
- 12 to 12:30 p.m. – Western Watauga Community Center, Cove Creek
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. – Lawrence Store, Bethel
- 2 to 2:30 p.m. – Foscoe Volunteer Fire Department, Foscoe
- 3 to 3:30 p.m. – J&M General Store, Blowing Rock