March 20, 2013. The Watauga County Arts Council opens registration for its annual Summer Arts Camp, featuring Missoula Children’s Theatre, which will take place June 17-22. It will be held this year at Watauga High School Auditorium. The Arts Camp is open to rising first through rising tenth graders and features workshops in storytelling, music, improvisation, the visual arts, and more.
The featured highlight of the arts camp is a production of Jack and the Beanstalk, which children will rehearse throughout the week and then perform for the community on Friday, June 21 at 6pm and a Saturday matinee, June 22. Registration is $185.00 for the first child (which includes two tickets to the final production and a complimentary DVD), and $160 for each additional child in a family. Partial scholarships are available for families in need.
To register your child for Summer Arts Camp, or for further information, please visit www.watauga-arts.org or call the Arts Council at 828-264-1789.
- Summer Arts Camp, featuring Missoula Children’s Theatre
- June 17-22, 2013
- Watauga High School
- Open to rising first through rising tenth graders
- Features storytelling, music, movement, visual arts, and more
- Also features Missoula Children’s Theatre’s production of Jack and the Beanstalk
- Registration Fee: $185.00 first child $160.00 each additional child
- Some scholarships are available
- Sponsored by Watauga County Arts Council
- Visit www.watauga-arts.org or call 828-264-1789 for more information