By Sherrie Norris
A golf tournament to benefit the Boone-based High Country Caregiver Foundation, which provides numerous services to residents in a seven-county area from Yancey to Wilkes, will be held Saturday, September 22, at Grassy Creek Golf & Country Club in Spruce Pine.
The excitement gets underway with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. with tournament format a true captain’s choice scramble, according to organizers.
Entry fee is $75 a player or $280 per team. Entry fee includes golfer’s gift bag, closet to the pin prizes on all par 3s, longest drive competition, lunch snack bag, and full dinner in the golf course restaurant.
Gift certificates to the pro shop will be rewarded to the top two teams in three flights.
Tournament is limited to the first 25 teams.
A raffle, bake sale and silent auction will be held after round of golf is completed.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available at the following levels:
- $500 Platinum: One foursome; large logo on T-shirts; opportunity to set up a table, display banner and speak (three-five minutes) at event; opportunity to place promotional items in goody bags.
- $300 Gold: small logo on T-shirts, opportunity to set up a table, display banner and place items in goody bags.
- $200 Silver: company name on T-shirts, display banner at event and place items in goody bags.
- $100 Bronze: display banner at event and place items in goody bags.
- $50 Friend: opportunity to place promotional items in goody bags.
Donations for the silent auction, bake sale and raffles will be accepted and appreciated, with donors publicly recognized in the media and at the event.
For more information, or to register your team or sponsorship by September 19, call Jacob Willis at (828)-385-3025 or visit www.hccgf.org/events.
More About High Country Caregiver Foundation
High Country Caregiver Foundation is a registered nonprofit organization based in Boone and serving a seven-county area through programs that provide caregivers with education, emotional support and financial assistance associated with family and kinship caregiving.
By partnering with various service providers, the organization allows family and kinship caregivers the opportunity to receive much-needed services and take time for themselves while their loved ones are cared for by trained, qualified professionals of their choice.
In addition to the tournament proceeds, additional (tax deductible) contributions are always appreciated and go a long way to help meet the needs of HCCGF clients. Checks may be made payable and mailed to HCCGF at P.O. Box 3356 Boone, NC 28607.