By Jesse Wood
June 12, 2013. Investigators from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission have joined the investigation into the recent carbon monoxide deaths at the Best Western in Boone, announced the Boone Police Department on Wednesday.
According to the federal organization’s website, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is “charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction [that] pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard.”
Also joining the investigation today is the N.C. State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors, which will examine the exhaust system from natural gas heater used for the hotel’s pool, which is situated below Room 225, where the three individuals who died stayed.
Sgt. Shane Robbins of the Boone Police Department said, “As more information is available, it will be released.”
Click here for a list of several stories written about the recent carbon monoxide deaths at the Best Western in Boone.