1000 x 90

TONIGHT: F.A.R.M. Cafe’s Real Good Party at Boone Saloon, Soul Benefactor to Perform

Soul Benefactor will be performing live Thursday night

By Nathan Ham

Thursday night, March 29 marks the fifth annual Real Good Party set to take place at Boone Saloon from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. After three years in Blowing Rock, the party is back in Boone.

“We’re excited about shifting the party back to Boone. We’re looking forward to everyone coming out and with all of the games, the silent auction, the raffles and everything going on there will be a lot of opportunities to contribute something and to have a real good time,” said Tommy Brown, the volunteer coordinator at the F.A.R.M. Cafe.

Popular local band Soul Benefactor will be performing live. There will also be a cash bar, silent auction, raffle drawings, games and other fun events.

“F.A.R.M. Café is one of the High Country’s most cherished non-profit groups, and we’re proud to again be part of their big fundraiser,” said David Brewer, a member of Soul Benefactor. “We always have a great time and are more than happy to support their cause.”

Tickets can be purchased at the F.A.R.M. Café with a suggested donation amount of $25 per person and $15 per student. There will also be a limited number of raffle tickets to purchase for chances to win weekend trips to Nashville or Raleigh or a weeklong stay in Playa Ochatal in Costa Rica. The drawing will be held during the Real Good Party.

The F.A.R.M. Café would like to thank the many business that have donated prizes for the silent auction, raffle and wine draw. The café would also like to thank the numerous sponsors for this year’s event: Mast General Store, Friendship Honda, Boone Drug Inc., Life Store Bank, Carefree Cove Neighborhood, U.S. Foods and local sales representative Betty Hamner, the Roberson Family, MPrints and Boone Saloon. Thanks to their support, 90 percent of donations received through ticket sales, raffles and the silent auction will go straight to the F.A.R.M. Café to continue to support their efforts in fighting hunger and food insecurity in the High Country. The other 10 percent will go to the F.A.R.M. Café endowment fund with the Watauga Community Foundation.

For more information about the Buy Boone Lunch program or the Real Good Party, contact the F.A.R.M. Café by email at volunteer@farmcafe.org or by phone at 828-386-1000.