Oct. 28, 2014. On October 20 and 21, the Boone Police Department received numerous reports of unsecured vehicles being entered and items taken.
On Oct. 23, 2014, Boone Police Department Investigators arrested Adrian Eugene Farris Jr., 21, and Kathleen Beatrice Ferrell, 19, both of Mesa Circle in Boone, and charged them with:
- Four counts of Felony Breaking and Entering an Automobile;
- One count of Felony Larceny;
- One count of Felony Financial Card Theft;
- Three counts of Misdemeanor Larceny;
- One count of Simple Possession of Marijuana;
- One count of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Farris was also charged with one count of felony obtaining property by false pretense. Farris and Ferrell each received a $20,000 secured bond pending a Nov. 18, 2014, appearance in Watauga County District Court.
Tips to Prevent Theft:
- You can reduce the likelihood of a breaking and entering to your vehicle by following these suggestions:
- Park in a well lit area;
- Do not leave valuables in your car;
- Lock your vehicle every time you leave it;
- Activate your car alarm or anti theft device if you have one.