The Town of Boone and the Town of Boone Sustainability, Economics and Environment Committee is excited to be sponsoring the first Earth Awareness Day on September 7, 2018 from 5:00-8:00 PM, at the Jones House Community and Cultural Center located at 604 W. King Street in beautiful Downtown Boone. This free event will feature educational programming, music, fun, and refreshments for all attendees and hopes to educate everyone on ways to make sustainable choices that make a difference for our community. Entertainment to be provided by The KING BEES, a local group, who are celebrating their 31st anniversary of playing their Blues and American Roots Music in the High County and around the world.
Additionally, at this event, the Town of Boone will be celebrating two huge milestones. The Town is celebrating its 25th year of being awarded a Tree City USA designation and representatives from the North Carolina State Forest Service will be on hand to present the Town of Boone with their 25th Anniversary Tree City USA recognition. In addition, the Town is also celebrating its first year of being awarded a Bee City USA designation.
All citizens, students and visitors are invited to attend and learn how they can make Boone even better by reducing our carbon footprints. Learn how you can make a difference!
Please see below for a full list of event contributors:
• Town of Boone Tree City
• Town of Boone Bee City
• Town of Boone Water Conservation Program – Every Drop Counts
• Town of Boone Recycling Program
• Town of Boone Adoption Programs-Community Improvement
• Watch for Me NC & Bicycle Friendly Community Programs
• Appalachian State Tree Campus
• Appalachian State Award Winning Sunergy Car
• Appalachian State University Sustainability Department
• Town of Boone Historic Preservation Commission
• Watauga County Bee Keepers Association