On Feb. 13, 2017 the Harper Corporation and Garney Construction Company, Inc. were provided with the Notice to Proceed on the Boone Water Line, Water Treatment Plant, Intake and Booster Pump Station Project. The following is a project update and notice of upcoming road closures.
The Harper Corporation
Work Completed in Last 30 Days:
Division 1 Water Treatment Plant
- Moved equipment and supplies to site
- Cleared & removed brush along the 30 inch Finished Water Line route and at the future clearwell location
- Installed approximately 90% of the sample water lines
- Received/offloaded majority of the 30 inch pipe and fittings for the finished water line
Division 2 Raw Water Intake
- Installed silt fence at entrance off of Cranberry Springs Road for future access road
Division 3 Booster Pump Station
- No action items to date
Work to be Completed in Next 30 Days: Division I WTP
- Install 30 inch finished water line
- Excavate for future clearwell
Division 2 Intake
- Survey and layout for access road and intake building in preparation for staiting work once the April 15th Trout Moratorium expires
Division 3 Booster PS
1 . Survey and layout for pump station building
Garney Construction Company. Inc.
Crew 1: Brownwood Road (To be completed from March 15, 2017 to April 15, 2017)
- During the week of March 20, 2017 start to make laydown yard and take deliveries at office trailer and storage site located at intersection of 421 and Old 421; erosion control measures to be installed (silt fence).
- Starting the week of April 3, 2017 start pipe installation from substation just down Brownwood Road at Hwy. 421 intersection to Old Glade
- We will have moving road closures along with this pipe installation with marked detour Local traffic will be allowed.
Crew 2: U.S. 421 work in median (March 15 to April 15, 2017)
- Test digs currently in progress to determine ground conditions
- Move equipment to site April 3, 2017
- Staiting April 3, 2017, there will be a lane closure along westbound 421 with a barrier wall to protect workers.
- Start installation of bore pits and bores under driveway at Blue Ridge Electr ic and under Old US 421 by Discovery Chevrolet
- Horizontal Directional Drill starting at Hospitality House-to New River Hills sta1ting first week in April.
- Starting March 28, 2017, at Clawson/Burnley Greenway Park test drills for ground conditions will begin and are expected to last 5 days.
*Press Release from Town of Boone