by Madison V. Fisler
June 27, 2013. If you’re looking for a fun filled evening of music, look no further than the Jones House in downtown Boone.
On June 28, the iconic, historic house will play host to the musical talents of Matthew Weaver & Friends and Amantha Mill. Matthew Weaver & Friends will start off the night, hitting the stage at 5 p.m. Following their show at 6 p.m. will be Amantha Mill.
The Concerts at the Jones House are a completely free community event that takes place every Friday during the summer months through September. The concerts are family friendly, and blankets and lawn chairs are welcome for guests to bring to relax on the Jones House lawn. These concerts are held rain or shine.
The rest of the music line up for this summer is as follows:
- July 5: Soul Benefactor and Native Sons Band
- July 12: David Childers and New River Boys
- July 19: The Mercury Dames and Todd Wright & Friends
- July 26: Strictly Clean and Decent and Les Paul and Mary Ford Tribute with Tom and Sandy Doyle
- Aug. 2: Keith Ward and Elkville String Band Featuring Wayne Henderson and Barefoot Movement
- Aug. 9: Shane Chalke BE Jazz band and Lucky Strikes
- Aug. 16: Mountain Laurens and Steve & Ruth
- Aug. 23: Bluegrass Showcase with Sigmon Stringers, Creekside Grass and Carolina Crossing
- Aug. 30: Rod Farthing, Tom Shirley and Worthless Son-in-Laws
- Sept. 6: Dashboard Hula Boys, Lazybirds and Kim France & John Davis
- Sept. 13: Trevor McKenzie and Buck Haggard Band
- Sept. 20: Traditional Music & Storytelling Showcase
The Jones House is located at 604 West King Street, overlooking downtown Boone. For more information, please call 828-262-4576.