Boone Winter Farmers’ Market Returns this Saturday
Boone’s Winter Farmers Market returns this Saturday the 15th from 9am to noon at the Agriculture Conference Center at 252 Poplar Grove Rd in Boone. Enjoy fresh nutritious lettuce , spinach and other greens. Farm fresh eggs, green garlic, storage crops, baked goods, meats, jams and jellies, soaps and a few select crafts. Thanks.
High Country Audubon Has Meeting on Tues., Apr. 18
High Country Audubon (HCAS) will have its next meeting on Tuesday, April 18, at 6:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Express in Boone. Our speaker for the April meeting will be Anna Pierce, a graduate student in biology who will share the results of her research on Bluebirds and bacteria. HCAS invites the public to attend the monthly meetings and field trips. Announcements about meetings and field trips can be found on their website www. highcountryaudubon.org
Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Boone Invites You to Attend Services During Holy Week
- Palm Sunday Divine Liturgy with Blessing of Palms: Sunday, April 9, at 10 am;
- Bridegroom Matins, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (April 9, 10, and 11) at 6 pm;
- Thursday, April 13, at 6 pm, the service of the Twelve Gospel Readings of the Passion;
- Friday, April 14, 3:30 pm, Vespers and Taking Down from the Cross, then
- 6 pm, Matins with the Lamentations.