by Madison V. Fisler
June 12, 2014. The Watauga County Humane Society will host the 33rd annual Rummage Sale to benefit the shelter June 27-28, and the organization is seeking donations of items to help make the sale a success.
The event will take place at the National Guard Armory in Boone and is the second largest annual fundraiser for the Watauga Humane Society. This year’s event will be dedicated to Patricia Cole who worked tirelessly for years at the organization.
Members of the community are invited to make donations of items to Blue Skies Storage located at 482 State Farm Rd. in Boone anytime until June 23. Donations will be accepted at that location from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Beginning on Monday, June 23, donations will be accepted at the National Guard Armory in Boone across from the Watauga County Parks and Recreation on Hunting Hills Road. Volunteers will be available to accept donations and give donation tax receipts from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Aside from donations, volunteers are always needed to help make this event a success.
“Volunteers are needed for carrying and lifting items, sorting items, marking items,” said Dee Dundon of the Watauga Humane Society.
“We need volunteers for the day of too. We always need baggers on Friday and Saturday that can bag items for customers.”
To volunteer, or for more information about this event, contact Dee Dundon at 264-9116 or email her at [email protected]
All of the money raised through this fundraiser helps to provide food, medicine and shelter to the countless pets that call the shelter home each year.
Items that are being collected include:
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories
- Linens: towels, bedspreads, sheets, blankets, pillows
- Housewares: dishes, glasses, mugs, pots and pans
- Furniture: sofas, chairs, tables, bed frames, dressers
- Books: novels, textbooks, cook books, children’s books
- Shoes: boots, sneakers, high heels, clogs, flip flops
- Electronics: kitchen appliances, TVs, radios, lighting
- Decor: holiday decorations, crafts and pet items
- Pictures, paintings and frames
- Toys, toys and more toys!
- Antiques, collectables and jewelry
For more information about this event, click here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.