by Madison V. Fisler
Aug 29, 2013. On Labor Day weekend from Aug. 30-31, the fall installment of the Boone Bike Rally will take over the High Country Fairgrounds with bikes, music, fun and much more.
After a huge turnout and a great time at the Spring 2013 Boone Bike Rally, many in the High Country are ready for more.
Events for this year include a slow bike run, baby oil wrestling, dunking booths, burnout contests and plenty of live music.
The Fall installment of this High Country tradition will include musical entertainment like The Troubadours, Buick MacKane, Ballistic Karma, Night Eagle and Unleashed.
The schedule of events for the weekend is as follows:
Thursday, Aug. 29
- 12 p.m.: Gates open for campers and vendors
Friday, Aug. 30
- 9 a.m. – Gates, vendors and swap meets open
- 4:30-6:15 – Band performance
- 7:00-8:45 – Band performance
- 9:30-11 pm. – Band performance
Saturday, Aug. 31
- 9 a.m. – Gates, vendor and swap meets open
- 12 p.m. – Dunking booth opens
- 12:30 p.m. – Bike ames
- 2:30 p.m. – Baby oil wrestling
- 3:30 p.m. – Burnout pit competition (free tire and tire change for best burnout) sponsored by Iron Station Thunder
- 4:30- 6 p.m. – Band performance
- 6:15 p.m. – Wet T-shirt contest
- 6:40 p.m. – 50/50 winner announced
- 6:45-8:30 – Band performance
- 9:15-11 p.m. – Band performance
Tickets for the Rally as well as camping tickets can be purchased online here. A Friday day pass is $15, a Saturday day pass is $25 and the cost for a weekend pass is $30. Tent camping permits can also be purchased online for $10.
For more information, click here.