by Madison V. Fisler
May 23, 2014. The Art Cellar Gallery, located in Banner Elk, host a myriad of special exhibitions all year long, and this summer is no exception.
This year, make your way to The Art Cellar Gallery to experience fine art at its essence and take part in various open house celebrations, book releases, opening receptions, meet and greet opportunities and more.
The Art Cellar Gallery 2014 Exhibition Schedule is as follows:
Jim Chapman: Is it Still…Life?
- June 11-28
- Opening with the Artist held Friday, June 13 from 4-6 p.m.
Joseph Cave and Richard Oversmith: Cave and Oversmith, Two Views
- July 2-26
- Opening reception with the Artists held Friday, July 11 from 4-6 p.m.
Herb Jackson: Form and Mystery; Drawings and Small Paintings
- July 30-Aug. 23
- Opening reception with the artist held Friday, Aug. 1 from 4-6 p.m.
Howard Campbell (Woodrow Hill): Art and Life
- Aug. 27-Sept. 27
- Open house celebration and book release held Friday, Sept. 5 from 4-6 p.m.
Animals of Farm and Field
- Carolyn Blaylock, Nancy Oppenheimer, Margaret Salisbury & Walter Stanford
- Sept. 17-Oct. 18
- Opening reception with the artists held Saturday, Oct. 4 from 4-6 p.m.
Tim Turner: Bountiful Clay
- New work fresh from the kiln Nov. 28-Dec. 6
- Cocktails with the artist held Friday, Nov. 28 from 3-5 p.m.
- Coffee with the artist held Saturday, Nov. 29 from 10 a.m.-noon
Join The Art Cellar Gallery for Saturday coffee talks every Saturday in June, July and August from 10 a.m.-noon. Enjoy a casual morning coffee talk with featured artists, coffee and sweets. The coffee talks schedule for this summer is as follows
- Saturday, June 7: Bill Brown
- Saturday, June 14: Jim Chapman
- Saturday, June 21: Scott Boyle (talk and demonstration)
- Saturday, June 28: Pam Brewer
- Saturday, July 5: Joseph Cave (talk and book signing)
- Saturday, July 12: Richard Oversmith (talk and demonstration)
- Saturday, July 19: Ton Griffin
- Saturday, July 26: Gregory Smith
- Saturday, Aug. 2: Herb Jackson
- Saturday, Aug. 9: Margaret Salisbury
- Saturday, Aug. 16: David Birmingham
- Saturday, Aug. 23: Jane Jaskevich
- Saturday, Aug. 30: Zoey Brookshire
The Best Cellar Gallery is located at 920 Shawneehaw Ave. in Banner Elk. For more information about these exhibitions, events and more, please visit www.ArtCellarOnline.com or call 828-898-5175.