by Madison V. Fisler
June 6, 2013. Tomorrow evening will mark the first concert of many in the 2013 Jones House Concerts on the Lawn summer series, which will kickstart the 21st year of the series.
Starting at 5:00 p.m. each Friday evening in the summertime, folks gather on the beautiful lawn outside of the historic Jones House off of King Street in Boone to listen to great music, meet up with old friends, and enjoy a good night out in the warm summer air. All of the Jones House Concerts on the Lawn are free events and family friendly. Lawn chairs and blankets are encouraged for patrons to sit on, and feel free to bring a snack or two. Dogs are permitted as long as they are leashed.
Because this particular concert falls on a First Friday, refreshments will be available for the Art Crawl as well as art exhibitions and a reception inside the Jones House, said Tori Allen of the Jones House.
The first concert of the season will feature the Forget-Me-Nots, Michael Reno Harrell and Williams and Company.
The show lineup for the rest of the summer is as follows:
- June 14: Major Sevens; Swing Guitars
- June 21: Doc Watson Celebration with the Sheets Family; Charles Welch; The Kruger Brothers
- June 28: Matthew Weaver and Friends; Amantha Mill
- July 5: Soul Benefactor; Native Sons Band
- July 12: David Childers; New River Boys
- July 19: The Mercury Dames; Todd Wright and Friends
- July 26: Strictly Clean and Decent; Les Paul and Mary Ford Tribute with Tom and Sandy Doyle
- Aug 2: Keith Ward; Elkville String Band featuring Wayne Henderson; Barefoot Movement
- Aug 9: Shane Chalke BE Jazz Band; Lucky Strikes;
- Aug 16: Mountain Laurels; Steve and Ruth
- Aug 23: Bluegrass Showcase with Sigmon Stringers; Creekside Grass; Carolina Crossing
- Aug 30: Rod Farthing; Tom Shirley; Worthless-Sons-in-Laws
- Sept 6: Dashboard Hula Boys; Lazybirds; Kim France & Jon Davis
- Sept 13: Trevor McKenzie; Buck Haggard Band
- Sept 20: Traditional Music and Storytelling Showcase