By Jesse Wood
March 17, 2014. Both school systems in Watauga and Avery counties are operating on a two-hour delay Monday due to icy roads and conditions. In Avery County, buses aren’t running on dirt roads and Watauga County buses are also running limited routes Monday.
As for the upcoming weather, the next few days feature similar precipitation albeit rising temperatures, according to RaysWeather.com, which notes that a winter mix is in the air for Monday with a low of 29 and Tuesday with a low of 33.
Wednesday, according to RaysWeather.com, has a high of 51 and a low of 36 on a cloudy day that should feature “spotty light rain.”
Check out “what to expect in the next several hours” by viewing the map of National Weather Service above.
See winter weather advisory that is in effect until 2 p.m. today below:
|Event:||Winter Weather Advisory|
…LATE SEASON WINTER STORM TODAY…
.LOW PRESSURE WILL TRACK ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST UNITED STATES
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EDT THIS
* LOCATIONS…ALONG THE BLUE RIDGE INTO PARTS OF SOUTHEAST WEST
* HAZARD TYPES…A MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS…ADDITIONAL SLEET ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 1
* TIMING…THROUGH EARLY THIS AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS…UNTREATED ROADS AND SURFACES WILL BE ICY AND
* WINDS…NORTHEAST 5 TO 10 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES…TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 20S TO MID 30S BY EARLY
|Instructions:||A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW…SLEET…OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES…AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.|