The North Carolina State Highway Patrol along with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission released the totals for “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink and Drive” campaign for the period of Saturday, Sept. 3 through Monday, Sept. 5.
“On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink and Drive” campaign is a multi-agency initiative that is designed to combine law enforcement resources to ensure that all motorists can safely travel on highway and waterways during the summer months.
The totals are reflective of each agencies collaborative enforcement efforts:
- Driving While Impaired: 246
- Provisional License Violation: 13
- Other Implied Consent Violation: 79
- Drug Violations: 20
- Drug Paraphernalia: 12
- Seatbelt Violations: 901
- Child Restraint Violations: 135
- Equipment Violations: 423
- Driver License Violation: 1067
- Registration Violation: 823
- Other Violations: 3339
Wildlife Resources Commission:
- Boating Under the Influence:105
- Number of Vessels Contacted: 223
- Number of Boaters Contacted: 756
- Number of Boating Citations: 62
- Non-Boating Violations: 98
- Boating Warnings Given: 149
You must be logged in to post a comment.