By Jesse Wood
Jan. 9, 2014. Click here or scroll below to see the bill of indictment against Damon Mallatere, the president of Appalachian Hospitality Management at the time three people died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside Room 225 of the Best Western in Boone between April and July of 2013.
After presenting the evidence and recommended charges to the grand jury, the Assistant District Attorney Britt Springer announced the charges yesterday during a press conference. See that story here.
Because the grand jury didn’t adjourn until after the office of the clerk of court had closed for the day, the actual indictment documents weren’t available until Thursday morning.
Click here to read Mallatere’s response to the charges. Mallatere said he was “extremely disappointed” and countered that others were liable.
For more articles on this story, click here.