Every fourth Saturday from June through November, anyone in the High Country can take part in the Tour de Art – the original studio and gallery tour! Through the Tour, participants can get a look behind the scenes at local artist studios and galleries and see how individual and unique art is created and cultivated. T
During the 9th Anniversary Season of the Tour de Art, people can take the self-guided tour for free through various art galleries and studios located in Foscoe, Valle Crucis, Linville and Banner Elk. Pick up a hot pink map at any of the participating galleries and studios for a map of the locations who are readily involved and prepared to make everyone’s tour as enjoyable and informative as possible.
This Saturday is the first Saturday that the event is taking place, so hop on board and enjoy some local art!
The participating organizations are as follows:
- 87 Ruffin Street Gallery – 87 Ruffin St., Linville, 828-737-0420
- Folk art gallery located next to historic Old Hampton Store, Tavern and Barbeque in Linville. Live music.
- Alta Vista Gallery – 2839 Broadstone Rd., Valle Crucis, 828-963-5427
- In our 27th year! On the National Register of Historic Places, featuring fine art and crafts in all media by over 200 artists. Large selection of local mountain landscapes. Located between Mast Farm Inn and Mast Store Annex.
- Carlton Gallery & Toni Carlton’s Studio – 10360 Highway 105 S., Banner Elk, 828-963-4288
- Celebrating 35 years exhibiting spirited collections of paintings, sculpture, glass, wood, clay, fiber and jewelry! Featuring local and regionally renowned artists including Kevin Beck, Egi Antonaccio, Andrew Braitman, Warren Dennis, Debbie Arnold, Vae Hamilton, Amy Sullivan, Lisa Boardwine, Mike Grady, Kate Worm, Freeman Beard and Tonya Bottomley. Workshops by gallery artists.
- Cindy Michaud Art – 112 Clubhouse Dr., Foscoe, 321-795-0816
- Peek into the working studio of this painter to see original high country art on the easel. Offering various sizes of watercolor and oil, Cindy promised a color filled visit.
- Crystal Creek Gallery – 10244 Highway 105 S., Banner Elk, 828-434-5676
- Represents artists living in the Blue Ridge Mountains whose work shares the abundant beauty of the region. Present are oil paintings, pottery, quilts, handmade materials, photography and works of metal. Settled in Foscoe in the #9 building.
- Maggie Black Pottery – 112 Clubhouse Dr., Foscoe, 828-773-2459
- Black’s original, functional stoneware reflects the beauty of the High Country. Whether you keep to use or buy to gift, her work will be enjoyed for years.
- High Country Dulcimers – 8830 Highway 105, 828-963-TUNE
- E.C. McKinney – owner and builder of handmade dulcimers
- Sally Nooney Gallery – 7137 Highway 194 S., Banner Elk, 828-963-7347
- Gallery and studio of this multi-media artist. Original paintings in oil, watercolor and acrylic. Fun, functional and sculptural art glass. One-of-a-kind jewelry. Commissions invited. Located midway between Valle Crucis and Banner Elk on scenic highway 194.
- artpurveyors world HQ – 112 Aldridge Park (105 South), 828-963-7246
- Check out Mike’s latest fan art, cartoons, paintings and graphic designs. Offering fine art publishing, creative services, giclee prints, art-o-mat, the BEST FRAME SHOP EVER and a full line of drawing and painting supplies since 1989.
So, come on out every fourth Saturday to tour these one-of-a-kind art galleries and studios. Each tour is sure to be informative, educational, artistic, beautiful and an experience worth having! Look for the yellow sign and the hot pink maps for the tour!