Santa Claus will make his rounds in the High Country in the days leading up to Christmas, so make plans to visit with him and get your wish lists in before the big day!
The Boone Mall will have opportunities for kids to meet with Santa and have their pictures taken. Local photography studio Boone Portraits will be on hand Christmas Eve and the days leading up to it to capture your perfect moment.
This year, Boone portraits will be orchestrating a 12 Days of Giving special, where $1 of every Santa portrait made at the mall will support a different assigned nonprofit organization each day. Santa’s schedule the remaining week before Christmas will include the following hours at the mall:
- Dec. 16: 4-6:30 p.m. (Supporting Shriners Hospitals for Children)
- Dec. 17: 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Supporting Boone United Methodist Church Haiti Relief Fund)
- Dec. 18: 1-6:30 p.m. (Supporting The Children’s Playhouse)
- Dec. 21: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (Supporting Quiet Givers)
- Dec. 22: 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Supporting Avery County Humane Society)
- Dec. 23: 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Supporting Watauga Humane Society)
- Dec. 24: 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The pricing for pictures at the mall are:
- 1 (4×6) for $14.95
- 1 (4×6) and 3 wallet sizes for $16.95
- 1 (4×6) and 1 (5×7) for $18.95
- 2 (4×6 and 2 (5×7) for $21.95
- Session CD with rights to reprint for $27.95
Boone Portraits CEO Kathryn Pope says, “The mall is a great place to take photos with Santa, because it is locally owned and operated, which is unique. The prices are also quite reasonable, in comparison to other, bigger malls.”
The mall is located at 1180 Blowing Rock Road in Boone. For more information, visit the Boone Mall’s website or call 828-264-7286.
For pricing information and turnaround information on portraits with Santa, contact Boone Portraits at 828-386-1310. Also, check out their Facebook page!
Other Santa Sightings This Week:
Roast Marshmallows with Santa
Sunday, Dec. 18 at Beech Mountain
This just in… Santa Claus, the jolly old elf himself will be visiting the Lodge at Beech Mountain Resort on Sunday, December 18thfrom 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.! During this free event you can enjoy time with Santa, share your Christmas wish list and have your photo taken with the big man! We will also have a Christmas Craft Corner in the Elves Workshop where kids can have fun being creative and making Christmas gifts & decorations. Top off a festive winter afternoon with Santa by warming up around our fire pit with a cup of hot cocoa and roasted marshmallows! The Lodge Grill & Bar will be fully open and the Bar will be serving drinks for the big elves. Don’t miss this opportunity to secure your spot on the Nice List & you can always email [email protected] for more details!
Santa at Sugar
Through Saturday, Dec. 24 at Sugar Mountain