by Madison V. Fisler
Feb. 18, 2014. As Horn in the West approaches its 2014 season, it will be looking for fresh faces to star in the nation’s oldest Revolutionary War drama.
On Saturday, Feb. 22, the Southern Appalachian Historical Association (SAHA) will host auditions for approximately 50 parts for the popular summer attraction.
“We are auditioning for about 50 total parts including technical crew, actor techs, dancers, chorus and about 13 principal parts,” said Katy Cook, public relations and administration representative for SAHA.
“We definitely expect a lot of people to return to audition from years past, but all roles are open to anyone.”
Candidate are asked to bring a head shot and resume with them to their audition and to prepare their own 60-second monologue. Those auditioning for a choral role are asked to prepare a 60-second a cappella piece and those auditioning for both are asked to present a 90-second combined song and monologue.
“Applications are available online and auditions begin Saturday starting at 10 a.m.”
Auditions will be held at the First Baptist Church located at 375 W. King Street in Boone near Appalachian State University. The audition schedule is as follows:
- 10:00-10:30 a.m. – Registration begins in the COC room
- 10:30-11:00 a.m. – Youth auditions (ages 5-15)
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Dance auditions in the Recreation Room
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Tech interviews in Lounge by appointment
- 12:00-2:00 p.m. – Adult auditions in Recreation Room (acting, choral)
- 2:00-3:00 – Lunch (on your own)
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. – Actor call backs in Recreation Room
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. – Chorus call backs in Music Room
Applications are available here.
Most positions are paid with some volunteer positions as well. Those selected must commit to 44 performances from early June through mid-August, as the show takes place every night except for Monday, Cook said.
For more information, click here or call 828-264-2120.
You must be logged in to post a comment.