The Powerball jackpot continued to roll this week and is now an estimated $110 million if taken as an annuity or $71.7 million if taken as a lump sum.
High Point resident Cassandra Mason won $10,000 in the Aug. 22 Powerball drawing. She purchased the lucky ticket at the Pick N Go on Eastchester Drive in High Point.
Players holding tickets for tonight’s Mega Millions drawing have a chance at a $64 million annuity or $40.2 million if the cash option is chosen.
The Carolina Cash 5 game paid off in a big way on Aug. 20 as two tickets matched all five numbers to split the $171,422 jackpot. Monroe resident Jesus Colon, an operations manager for a medical company, said he plans to use his $85,711 share to pay bills and save for the future. He purchased the lucky ticket at Gate on Lawyers Road in Stallings. The second $85,711 share was claimed by Joyce Moye of Winterville. She purchased the lucky ticket at the Wilco on Stantonsburg Road in Greenville.
Four players won $50,000 this week:
- High Point architect Robert Canter. (Junior Big Ol’ Bucks) He said he plans to pay bills with his winnings.
- Princeton resident Wallace Spears. (Lucky 7 Slingo)
- Mooresville resident Royal Malcolm. (Jumbo Bucks)
- Goldsboro resident Magarita Brown. (5X Crossword)
Six players scratched their way to instant prizes of $10,000. They are:
- China Grove resident Floyd Propst (50X The Cash)
- Cornelius resident Evan Marchal (100X The Cash)
- Gibsonville resident Tracy Lynch (100X The Cash)
- Hendersonville resident Tameika Robinson (20X The Cash)
- Raleigh resident Amir Aburahmeh (100X The Cash)
- Raleigh resident Norberto Guiza ($2,500 a Week for Life!)
Since Aug. 20, instant players won $15.8 million and draw game players won $3.6 million, including more than $3.1 million from North Carolina draw games Pick 3, Pick 4, Cash 5 and All or Nothing. Mega Millions and Powerball players won $479,262 in prizes. Overall, players won $19.4 million this week.a