The Music Industry Studies program at Appalachian State University is excited to present “The Sessions Panel,” a powerful, interactive presentation by internationally recognized music industry professionals who will share their knowledge on marketing, self-promotion, contract negotiations, social media, entertainment law and artist relations.
The program will be presented Friday, Sept. 11, from 1-6 p.m. in Broyhill Music Center’s Rosen Concert Hall. The program is free for students at Appalachian and $10 for all others. Proceeds will benefit music industry studies internship scholarships.
- Dom Famularo, drumming’s global ambassador and educational representative for Sabien, Vic Firth, Mapex and Evans percussion companies
- Paul Quin, entertainment attorney and music business consultant
- Carlos Guzman, production and tour manager for acts including Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross
- Christine Ohlman, aka “The Beehive Queen,” vocalist for Saturday Night Live, songwriter and musicologist
- Phil Jaurigui, president of Swing House Recording Studio
- Dave Mattacks, drummer for Paul McCartney and Elton John
- Kristen Rencher Nuss, marketing and social media manager for NAfME (National Association for Music Education) and an Appalachian alumna
The event will conclude with a jam session that will invite local artists to perform with these industry professionals.
For more information, contact Kim Wangler, director of music industry studies at Appalachian, at 828-265-8674 or [email protected]. For more information about The Sessions panelists, visit www.TheSessions.org.