April 18, 2013. Happy Spring Break! No School Friday, April 19
AMS Rook Tournament on May 4th to benefit Avery Middle Football, 6 pm, ($15 a team) concessions will be sold
ACS families in need:
Items needed to support the family who lost their home and tangible items as a result of a house fire. The children are enrolled at AHS, NES and AMS. If you would like to donate anything to help this family rebuild, contact Dr. Monet Samuelson at the high school. Items may also be dropped off at the high school Career Center.
- Clothes sizes for the family:
- Youth M/L Shirts, 12 slim pants
- Mens M/L Shirts, 32/34 pants
- Womens Medium Shirts, Size 1 pants
- (9th grade): Small shirts, Size 1 pants
- (19 yr old): Medium shirts, 30/32 pants
- (Middle school): Large shirts, 30/30 pants
Avery Vikings take on the Mitchell High Mountaineers on Friday, May 3rd for the 4th Annual Beat Cancer with a Bat at 4:00, ACHS baseball field. Concessions will available with hamburgers, hotdogs, drinks, desserts! (Face painting and tee shirts will be on sale too!) Cancer survivors are invited to participate in the ceremonial Survivor’s Walk Around the Bases. Donations will be accepted at the gate and all proceeds given to Stacy Clark, AHS coach recently diagnosed with cancer.
Purchase a tee shirt in support of Stacy Clark! $15 now through April 25. Sponsored by the AHS football team. For more information contact, Angel Dugger, 260-3720
Crossnore Elementary School Yardsale – May 11th, 8-11 am, cafeteria. Table rentals are $10 each. Contact Candi Buchanan to sign up as a seller at 737-7204 ext 7504 or [email protected]
FREE Viking Basketball Clinic for players, 5th to 8th graders at Avery High School, May 18, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
For more information, contact Scott Polsgrove – 828-733-0151 / [email protected]
Sponsored by the AHS Viking players and coaching staff
Avery County Student art on display during April
Cannon Memorial Hospital- Please visit the student art gallery for art work from ACS k through 12 graders ; or at the State Employees Credit Union, Newland for art projects from Cranberry Middle School Students. (This work is a result of a math and art lessons combined.)
Run for Freedom ACHS May 11: Run for Freedom 5k benefit run/walk for a committed group to stop the practice of human-sex trafficking. For more information contact Erika Mclean at [email protected]
- *May 6 – 10 is Teacher Appreciation Week. This will also include our Child Nutrition Staff, School Health Team Nurses and other employees. Please take the time to join us as we extend our gratitude for a job well done!
- April 24 Professional Administrative Assistant Day
- April 27 AHS 2013 Prom
- May 2, 3, 4, 5 Avery High Drama team presents, “Anything Goes” (School performances will be on April 30 and May 1. Contact Coleman Bailey at [email protected] for information.
- May 2 End of the Year Employee Celebration
- May 4 Freedom Trail Indoor Yard sale (more information to come.)
- May 9 Avery Shining Stars Show! Avery High School (More information to come!)
- May 27 Early Release Memorial Day Celebration, Newland
- June 7 Last Day for students (half-day with NES 11:30 and all other schools 12 noon)