Nov. 18, 2013. On Nov. 12, Boone Police responded to a reported breaking and entering to a motor vehicle at 1934 Blowing Rock Road. A witness observed the suspect break into a vehicle behind Chili’s and then leave the area and travel to the parking lot of Wal-mart where officer located the suspect.
As a result of the investigation, officers charged Jonathan Matthew Lee, 33, of Estates Drive in Boone with:
- 6 counts of Felonious Breaking and Entering of a Motor Vehicle
- 4 counts of Larceny
- 2 counts of Attempted Breaking and Entering of a Motor Vehicle
- Felonious Financial Card Theft
- 2 counts of Financial Card Fraud
- Tampering with a Motor Vehicle
- Driving While Impaired
- Possession of an Open Malt Beverage by Driver
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Mr. Lee was held in the Watauga County Detention Center under a $15,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 19, court appearance.