By Jesse Wood
May 5, 2014. A fire at 3212 Kellersville Rd. in Watauga County destroyed a mobile home on Saturday morning.
Watauga County Fire Marshall/Emergency Management Office, Beaver Dam and Fall Creek fire departments and Watauga Medics responded to the call that came in at about 10:15 a.m.
Paul Buchanan of the Fire Marshall’s Office said that explosions from the fire were from several gas grill tanks stored on the deck and that the occupant was taken care of with American Red Cross services.
“The occupant was also a handyman and had some air compressors, which pressurized and released,” Buchanan added in an email. “The cause of the fire was due to a malfunction in the furnace.”