By Jesse Wood
Feb. 26, 2013. Due to the icy conditions and winter weather, Watauga and Avery County Schools have been cancelled today, Tuesday, Feb. 26. Look below for other class cancellations or delays.
According to the National Weather Service, the “winter storm warning” is in effect until noon on Tuesday. Less than an inch of sleet is predicted, along with less than one-quarter inch of ice.
The ice accumulation could impact trees, power lines and roads. By mid-day temperatures should be above freezing.
- ASU classes before 11 a.m. cancelled.
- CCCTI, Watauga Campus, delayed until noon.
- Watauga County Schools closed. Note that this is day will be made up on Saturday, March 2.
- Avery County Schools closed.
- Mountain Pathways School and Two Rivers Community School closed.
For more closings, click to www.ncweatherclosings.com. See photos of the ice storm below. Photos by Ken Ketchie