By Jesse Wood
A family of four escaped a house fire at about midnight on Sunday evening, early Monday on Houston Harmon Road in Watauga County.
“They got out OK, but the house is a total loss,” Watauga County Fire Marshal Steve Sudderth said. “There was a malfunction in the electrical system.”
The Red Cross is assisting the family, who lived at 150 Houston Harmon Road.
Cove Creek Fire Department, emergency personnel and deputies with the Watauga County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.
Houston Harmon Road is located off of Hicks Road, which is located off of Mast Gap Road.