1. Where To Find Music and Fun for the Week July 24 to 31
Newland Riverwalk Summer Concert Series:
Friday, July 25 – JESSE SMITH, Standard Mix, JOHN GREENE, Elvis Impersonator
Linville Falls Winery:
- Saturday, July26 – PHATT CITY EXPRESS Beach Music 3 to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, July 27 – JOHNSON BROTHERS 2 to 5 p.m.
Old Hampton Store
- Thursday, July 24 – JIMMYDON
- Friday, July 25 – ANDY FERRELL
- Saturday, July 26 – SAMMY EADES AND FRIEND
- Sunday, July 27 – BROOKS FORSYTHE
Grandfather Vineyard & Winery:
Sunday, July 27 – DON VALLARTA
Banner Elk Winery & Villa:
- Saturday, July 26 – live music
- Sunday, July 27 – live music
BARRA in Banner Elk:
Friday, July 25 – DJ Karaoke
Saturday, July 26 – DJ Karaoke
The Original Mast General Store:
- Friday, July 25 – THE NEIGHBORS
- Saturday, July26 – turkey tracks
- Sunday, July 27 – HGWY 194
Nick’s Restaurant & Pub
Friday, July 25 – KARAOKE 8 p.m. to midnight
Fred’s General Mercantile on Beech Mtn.
Saturday, July 26 – The Great American Backyard Cookout 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, July 25 – FABULOUS ROCKABILLIES
- Saturday, July 26 – BAND A WAGON A FALACY
Alpen Restaurant and Bar
Sunday, July 27 – KING BEES 5 to 9 p.m.
- EVERY Tuesday at 6 p.m. THE WHIP DADDYS featuring HOPE HARVEY, Cam Ranh Bay
- Every Friday 9 p.m. KARAOKE
Friday Night Jam with Jesse Smith
BANNER ELK CONCERTS IN THE PARK
Thursday, July 24 – DASHBOARD BLUES, Timeless Grooves
CRESTWOOD RESORT & SPA
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAY EVENINGS AND LOW COUNTRY BOIL, VALLE DE BRAVO
KARAOKE every Thursday 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
FAMOUS FAST EDDIE’S
Saturday, July 26 LIVE MUSIC 8 p.m.
ORCHARD OF ALTAPASS
HIGH COUNTRY PET FESTIVAL
Friday 3 to 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
DOG SHOW, LIVE MUSIC FRIDAY at 5 p.m. with WHIP DADDIES
Vendors, Food, Drinks, and more
Downtown Banner Elk
2. Upcoming Blue Ridge Parkway Ranger Programs
Wednesday, July 30, @ Cone Manor – Milepost 294
- 11 a.m. – Informal Upstairs Tour at Cone Manor
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., the second floor of Cone Manor will be open for a do-it-yourself tour. Rangers will be on hand to answer questions.
Saturday, Aug. 2 @ Julian Price Picnic Ground – Milepost 296
- 3:30 p.m. – Our Forests Speak
- If you listen you will hear the woods telling you their stories. Join a ranger and use your senses to discover your National Park.
- Approximately 45 minutes in length
Saturday, Aug. 2 & Sunday, Aug. 3 @ Cone Manor – Milepost 294
- 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. for Upstairs Tours at Cone Manor
- Ranger led tours of the second floor of the former home of Moses and Bertha Cone. Tour is approximately 45 minutes long and reservations are required. To reserve a tour: call 828-295-3782 or sign up at the NPS information desk at the Manor House. Reservations accepted beginning at 10:00 a.m. Friday for the upcoming weekend only. No advance reservations, please.
All programs are Free and open to the public. Special thanks to Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation, Eastern National, and FRIENDS of the Blue Ridge Parkway for their financial support of these programs.
3. Todd Bush Book Signings This Weekend
Todd Bush will be doing book signings all weekend of his recently released coffee table book: Blowing Rock – Crown of the Blue Ridge. It is a follow-up to his well received book: Banner Elk – The Jewel of Appalachia. The new book includes a special section with images of Boone, Banner Elk, Sugar, Beech, Linville, Valle Crucis and more.
Friday, July 25, at Symphony by the Lake at Chetola from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, July 26 and 27, at Pet Fest – 10 percent of the sale of books this weekend at Pet Fest will go to your choice of three extremely worthy causes; The Avery Humane Society, Lees-McRae College’s Blue Ridge Wildlife Institute or Warrior Service Dogs (supporting disabled Veterans).
Pet Fest – Info & Schedule: http://www.highcountrypetfest.com
For information about the book and upcoming book signings, visit: www.bushphoto.com